Thank you for your interest in the North American Tournament Association (NATA). Located on this page is pertinent information regarding your membership in NATA. It is our purpose to provide you with a basis to operate in a safe and financially responsible manner.
By safe we mean we provide you with sample tournament rules in simple formats for you to download for use for your sanctioned events. We also have sample forms for your use in organizing your group’s activities, and we continue to add new forms from time to time. We give you sample liability release forms to protect your group and sponsors, as well as the necessary forms to request a certificate of insurance should you need one.
By financially responsible manner we mean that we provide $1,000,000.00 of liability insurance to protect each of your group's sanctioned events. This includes tournaments, meetings, fundraising activities, and banquets. Click here for more information on the fishing tournament and group event insurance program, and click here for a comparison of this benefit with offerings from other organizations.
We offer membership to tournament circuits and/or fishing clubs. Your group may fish “Buddy Bass” or “Pro/Am” formats. It may be “For Profit” or “Not-For-Profit”.
How To Join
If your organization is interested in joining NATA, we recommend using our contact form to reach us. If you would prefer to contact via mail, e-mail or telephone, please provide the following information:
- The formal name of your group and type of entity (corporation, etc).
- A copy of your group’s By-laws or Constitution (if any). Specifically, send us a sample of your tournament entry forms and a current tournament schedule.
- Send us a copy of your group’s roster complete with the name, address, and phone number for each officer; city and state only for each member. Please identify the group’s officials (president, secretary, etc.)
- Please give us a brief narrative of your group’s history.
- Finally, give us the best time to contact you for a telephone interview.